BIOGRAPHY: Glenn Sherwood, Senior Workplace Investigator
Glenn Sherwood was a member of the NSW Police Force for 24 years with the last four years based at Tuggerah Lakes Detectives as the Detective Senior Constable.
He was responsible for leading investigation teams for operations relating to serious crime activity and Homicide Investigations, conducting surveillance operations.
He completed a Certificate III in Investigative Services and obtained a Commercial and Private Inquiry Agents and Queensland Private Investigators Licenses.
Glenn is a passionate leader with a proven track record in leading individuals during highly volatile and stressful situations. He has a high degree of empathy and is compassionate and loyal.
He has a comprehensive knowledge of and understanding of law, rules of evidence, legislation and policies relevant to fraud and criminal conduct. And is extremely adept at taking statements, conducting interviews both electronically and face to face.
Glenn has experience in attending and giving evidence in Local, District, Coroners and Supreme Courts and always displays diplomacy and tact.
Commendations and certificates
- 2011 – Nominated for the NSW Police Officer of the Year Award for leading a protracted Homicide Investigation which resulted in the conviction of two offenders for Murder, Attempted Murder and Accessory. The investigation took over five years, involved leadership of over thirty Detectives and Police Officer’s and the trial lasted over three months resulting in a guilty verdict to all charges and praise from His Honour Justice J Kirby
- 2006 – Awarded the Rotary Central Coast Police Officer of the Year Award
- 2005 – Commended for his actions as a Team Leader of an Operations Support Group Team that was deployed to The Macquarie Fields Riots in Sydney’s South West.
- Issued with National Medal for Service, National Police Service Medal, NSW Police Medal 1st and 2nd Clasp
- Certificate III in Investigative Services ASSI International Pty Ltd – 2018
- Commercial and Private Inquiry Agents (CAPI) License, NSW – 2018
- Security Provider License – Queensland Private Investigator – 2018